I am always on the search for delicious, quick, and healthy recipes that are good for my body and don’t take a lot of time to prepare. This Honey Garlic Shrimp and Broccoli I found on homemadehooplah hits all my requirements. Quick , Tasty and Healthy.
5 mins prep + 15 mins cook + 1 hr Marinating time270 kcalYields:
- 2 tbsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger, minced or grated
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 lb shrimp, uncooked, medium size, shelled and deveined
- 1 1/2 cup broccoli
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic, ginger, honey, and soy sauce. Set aside.
- Place raw shrimp in a Ziploc Bag (gallon sized). Pour 1/3 of the honey garlic sauce in the bag, then massage the bag to coat shrimp. Seal bag and let shrimp marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Keep the remaining honey soy sauce covered and at room temperature.
- Warm a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tablespoons of reserved honey garlic sauce to pan and let heat until steaming. Toss broccoli in skillet and cook until warm and tender, about 5-8 minutes. Remove broccoli from skillet and set aside.
- Remove shrimp from Ziploc bag and discard the bag and marinade. Place 5-10 shrimp in the skillet at a time and cook for 1 minute on each side or until shrimp bodies are curled and browned. Before removing from pan, use tongs to rub shrimp into the caramelized sauce on the bottom of the skillet.
- When the shrimp are cooked, return all shrimp and broccoli to skillet. Heat for 2-3 minutes, tossing to catch any remaining caramelized sauce on the bottom of the skillet.
- Serve immediately with remaining honey garlic sauce drizzled on top.
Tip: Use iron clad skillet, thawed broccoli and shrimp
Live! Love! Laugh!